Educational Excellence is our Focus
Quality education is a priority for your business and your family. Northwest Illinois provides it.
You can choose from public schools, both large and small, as well as several private institutions from pre-school to grade 12. All offer rigorous programs in academics, athletics, and the arts. Many have received recognition for their excellence. For example:
- Freeport School District’s music program has been Grammy-award winning for over 10 years running.
- Pearl City High School received national recognition, garnering a Bronze award two years in a row from USA News and World Report’s “America’s Best High Schools” program.
- Aquin Catholic High School, Lena-Winslow High School, and Dakota High School have all had first-place state football victories in the last several years.
Plus, Highland Community College provides a long list of affordable two- and four-year degrees, top notch continuing education, and specialized job training. Highland:
- Is proud of its Business Institute, committed to helping businesses achieve success and remain competitive. Thousands of employees have benefited from this training by learning new technical, operational, and leadership skills.
- Was the first community college in Illinois to offer a Wind Turbine Technician program, capitalizing on the emerging emphasis on green technologies, and boasts a unique equine science program.
- Recently unveiled a new nursing building to teach and train top-notch healthcare professionals for our region.
Schools that Service Stephenson County
|Preschool – 12th||Aquin Catholic Schools||1419 South Galena Avenue||Freeport||815-235-3154|
|Pre-school – 12th; Daycare||Dakota Community School District #201||400 Campus Dr.||Dakota||815-449-2832|
|K – 12th||Durand Community School District #322||200 W. South Street||Durand||815-248-2171|
|Preschool – 12th; Daycare||Eastland Community School District #308||200 S. School Street||Lanark||815-493-6301|
|K – 12th||Forrestville Valley Community School District #221||601 East Main Street||Forreston||815-938-2036|
|Preschool – 12th; transitional education facility||Freeport School District #145||501 East South Street||Freeport||815-232-0300|
|Pre-school – 8th||Immanuel Lutheran School||1964 West Pearl City Road||Freeport||815-232-3511|
|K – 12th||Lena-Winslow Community School District #202||401 Freemont Street||Lena||815-369-2525|
|K – 12th||Orangeville Community School District #203||310 South East Street||Orangeville||815-789-4450|
|Pre-school – 12th; Daycare||Pearl City Community School District #200||100 South Summit||Pearl City||815-443-2715|
|K – 12th||Pecatonica Community School District #321||1300 Main Street||Pecatonica||815-233-1876|
|Pre-school – 8th||Tri-County Christian School||641 West Stephenson Street||Freeport||815-233-1876|
|K – 12th||Warren Community School District #205||311 South Water Street||Warren||815-745-2653|