LENA, IL IS HOME TO AN AWARD-WINNING SCHOOL DISTRICT, ACTIVE PARK DISTRICT, LIBRARY DISTRICT, EMERGENCY SERVICES, MULTIPLE HOMES OF WORSHIP AND BUSINESS SERVICES TO SUPPORT ALL ESSENTIAL FAMILY NEEDS. LENA’S RURAL SETTING, LOW COST-OF-LIVING AND COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE MAKE IT AN EXCELLENT OPTION FOR YOUR NEXT HOME!
Water: Village of Lena
- Storage Capacity: 550,000 gallons
- Treatment Capacity: 800 gallons per minute
- Average Daily Demand: 280,000 gallons per day
- Peak Daily Demand: 320,000 gallons per day
- Excess Capacity: 2,100 gallons per minute
- Water Rate: $16.20 minimum, 26 cents per 100 gallons
Sewer: Village of Lena
- Treatment Capacity: 600,000 gallons
- Daily Maximum: 1,500,000 gallons
- Sewer Rate: $13.00 minimum, 55 cents per 100 gallons
Lena is not far from urban amenities and yet remains closely connected to the country. We believe you will find Lena’s rural setting, low cost-of-living, and commitment to business and community development worthy of consideration for your next move.
Businesses will find that we offer a range of local, county and federal incentive programs that are flexible for your specific needs and business.
- Multiple winner of the Governor’s Home Town Award
- Voted “The Best Small Town in the Region” in an annual poll conducted by the Freeport Journal-Standard newspaper
The award winning Le-Win School District is a consolidated system that includes elementary, junior-high and high school, all centrally located in Lena.
BUSINESSES AND INDUSTRIES
- A variety of large and small industries
- Close to transportation routes that provide close proximity to several major highways and rail access
- A diverse selection of building and land options
- Abundant services to support efficient and economical business operations
The three largest employers in Lena are