Did you hear the good news?
Pretzel City Brewfest is still on for September 26, 2020 in Downtown Freeport!
This year has provided a lot of challenges to our everyday world and forced us to look for some creative solutions to bring our community the events that bring us together while also being as safe as possible. This year, we have worked hard to bring you the best socially distanced beer extravaganza that we could muster. We are taking extra precautions for your health and safety and have had to change the way the event occurs – but that brings us some exciting news! This year everyone gets the Brewfest VIP experience! We are also recruiting breweries specifically to ensure the flavors you’ll be tasting this year are VIP-caliber as well. All attendees will receive t-shirts, commemorative beer glasses, and other great merch.
This is truly the social distancing event of the year and we are happy to bring you all this experience for $75. Which is $150/ couple – a great way to spend your beautiful September afternoon. It is the Octoberfest we have all been craving.
How we are keeping you safe (please refer to the graphic below):
- Breaking entry times into 20 minutes increments. Keeps people form congregating to get in.
- Everyone will have their temp checked when they come in.
- You will be allowed into the first station when your ticketed time has come. There will be two breweries in each station. You will be given disposable cups to taste each type of beer you would like.
- The servers will be wearing masks and gloves for everyone’s protection. You will obviously not be required to wear a mask while in the station since you can’t drink through it!
- There will be plenty of room in each station for you to stay at least 6’ apart.
- When your time in that station is up, our usher will direct you into the next station and provide hand sanitizer as you walk through.
- Before the next group comes into that station, all servers will thoroughly wipe down tables with sanitizing solution to avoid cross contamination between groups.
- Groups will move between stations in the same way through the entire event.
- We have adopted this method to keep you with the same smaller group of people for the duration of the event!
- Once you exit the event, you will be given all of your brewfest swag including a list of beers that you have tasted, your t-shirt, glass and other merch.
- Tickets are being sold online only. We are doing this to make it easier to refund if we have a spike in cases or are ordered back into Phase 3. So you WILL get your money back if the event is cancelled.
- There are only 25 tickets available per time slot. If you have a special request, please contact 815-233-1350.
- Unlike years past, this is not an open-timed event. When you purchase your tickets, you will need to purchase them for a specific start time. Times start at noon, and will be posted for every 20 minutes until 1:40.
- Please show up 10 minutes before your scheduled time to allow us to check you in so you can start tasting on time!