Lena’s rural setting, low cost-of-living and commitment to high quality of life make it an excellent option for your next home. The village is home to an award-winning school district, active park district and business services to support all essential family needs.
Water: Village of Lena
Sewer: Village of Lena
Sanitation/Recycling: Gills Freeport Disposal
Lena is not far from urban amenities and yet remains closely connected to the country. We believe you will find Lena’s rural setting, low cost-of-living, and commitment to business and community development worthy of consideration for your next move.
Businesses will find that we offer a range of local, county and federal incentive programs that are flexible for your specific needs and business.
- Village of Lena Incentive Programs
- Lena Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) Revolving Loan Fund (RLF)
- Village of Lena Startup Costs Incentive
- Village of Lena Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Districts
AWARDS AND NOTABLES
- Multiple winner of the Governor’s Home Town Award
- Voted “The Best Small Town in the Region” in an annual poll conducted by the Freeport Journal-Standard newspaper
PARKS AND RECREATION
- Lena Community Park District offers four community parks with various services and programs for all ages.
- Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park, a 715-acre recreational area, is just three miles away.
CHURCHES AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- Lena Jaycees
- Lena Business Professionals Association
- Evangelical Free Church -Lena
- Lena United Methodist Church
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- Beloved Church
- St John’s Lutheran Church
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- Salem United Church of Christ
BUSINESSES AND INDUSTRIES
- Sullivan’s Foods
- Lena Veterinary Clinic
- FS Fastop
- Lena Living Center
- Werhane Trucking
- Lobdell Trucking
- Doc’s Excavating
- Community Bank
- Citizens State Bank
- Lena State Bank
- Click here for a full listing of retailers
- Click here for a full listing of restaurants