Birthplace of Jane Addams, Cedarville is easily accessible along Highway 26 just four miles north of Highway 20. The village welcomes travelers with tree-lined streets and small town charm.
Population: 741 (2010 Census)
President: Shawn Cox, 815-563-4302
School: Freeport School District #145
View: ESRI Summary Report
Water: Village of Cedarville
Sewer: Village of Cedarville
Sanitation/Recycling: Gills Freeport Disposal
Cedarville is a quiet village located about 10 minutes north of Freeport, where just over 700 people call home.
AWARDS AND NOTABLES
- Cedarville is the birthplace of social activist Jane Addams, the 1931 Nobel Peace Prize winner
PARKS AND RECREATION
- Village parks and a community building
- Cedarville Area Historical Society including Jane Addams birth home and museum
- A village-wide celebration at the end of June celebrates independence with fireworks and a community meal served by the village representatives
- The community enjoys grilling out in the spring and summer, bonfires in the fall, and neighborhood picnics throughout the warm weather months.
- Cedarville Skate Park – 430 W Washington St. Also includes 1/2 mile blacktop walking path
CHURCHES AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- A very active Lions Club has done wonders for their village parks and community building
- Cedarville Historical Society hosts community-wide outdoor movies at the Jane Addams Museum Friday nights during the summer
BUSINESSES AND INDUSTRIES